(image courtesy of lifesambrosia.com)
Risotto is not for the faint of heart – it’s rich, heavy.. and HEAVENLY. I stumbled across this recipe when I tried to make baked risotto balls for the first time. I wound up eating all the filling and left very little left for my guests, but trust me, you would have done the same thing. Paired with a nice side garden salad, my Three-Cheese Risotto recipe is a quick and easy meal sure to please any cheese lover!
1 1/2 cups chicken stock
1 1/2 cups Risotto rice
1/2 cup – 1 cup whipping cream (depending on your preference)
1/4 cup parmigiano cheese
1/4 cup mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup asiago cheese
1/4 cup chives
salt and pepper to taste
1. In a medium skillet, bring chicken stock to a boil.
2. Mix Risotto rice into the boiling chicken stock, bring to a low heat.
3. Cook rice for about 10 minutes, or until most of chicken stock is absorbed.
4. Add in 1/2 cup whipping cream, mozzarella cheese, asiago cheese, and parmigiano cheese. Mix until all is combined and creamy.
5. Let simmer a couple minutes, and if you would like you Risotto a little creamier, add the rest of the whipping cream.
6. TASTE to make sure rice density is to your liking. Some people, like myself, like my rice a little al dente.
7. Add chives and salt/pepper to taste.
TIP: Sometimes I like to add in some broccoli or zucchini for extra color and texture. YUM!!