(image courtesy of wikimedia.org)
Any woman, or man who loves frozen cocktails, knows that if there is one drink that makes us giggle a little, reminisce about hot vacations, and remind us of how fabulous it is to be a woman – it is a Bellini cocktail. Ohhhh those were the nights you would sit for hours with your girlfriends at some cozy corner table in a dimly lit bar, gossiping until your stomach hurt from laughing so hard. Or those were the nights that you couldn’t remember because you had so many frozen cocktails, you passed out on your beach towel. Either way, a perfect party drink for parties with your friends or just the cocktail you need when you want to relax and chit-chat with your closest partner-in-crime, this frozen Bellini will surely become of your favorite go-to drinks! Any sweet fruit will do, but here is my recipe for an all-time favorite: the Peach Bellini.
Peach Champagne Bellini
2 cans of peaches in juice
3 bottles of Champagne of your choice
1/2 cup of any berry liquor (I like the Raspberry Sourpuss)
3 teaspoons lemon juice
Serves: 10 – 12 champagne glasses
Now, there are two ways of doing this. If making ahead of time, follow the FIRST set of instructions. If making to serve immediately, follow SECOND set of instructions:
AHEAD OF TIME
1. Pureé peaches and lemon juice. A blender will work just fine.
2. Use a sifter, or fine strainer, and strain the mixture into a freezer-safe bowl. I like to have fine chunks of fruit in my drink, but if the liquid is all you really want, you can sieve it through a thin cloth into the bowl.
3. Freeze the mixture.
4. When ready to serve, fill half a glass with champagne, add a splash of liquor, scrap off desired amount of peach mix from the bowl and top off glass. Stir if desired.
MADE TO SERVE
1. Blend to a pureé the peaches, lemon juice and 1 1/2 cups of ice.
2. Fill half a glass of champagne, add a splash of liquor, and pour in desired amount of frozen peach mixture. Stir if desired.