Finding the sweet spot for the perfect chocolate chip cookie can take a lot of time and practice – too dry, too wet, too flat, too puffy, not enough chocolate chips, too many chocolate chips (as if such a thing exists). This recipe is one I have used for years and find to be the closest thing to cookie heaven!
Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies
3/4 cup unsalted butter
2 cups sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup chopped chocolate
pinch of salt
Serves: 30 Cookies
1. Pre-heat oven to 375°F.
2. Making sure the butter is at room temperature, cream together the butter, sugar, brown sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract with a mixer.
3. Add in the flour, baking powder, and a pinch of salt.
4. Next, fold in chopped chocolate.
5. Beat together until all the ingredients are combined evenly.
6. Chill mixture for a few hours in the fridge, or even overnight if you’d like.
7. Next, take chilled mixture out of the fridge and roll into small balls about 1 inch to 1.5 inches in diameter (see above).
8. On a greased baking sheet, bake cookies for about 10 – 12 minutes, or until slightly golden brown.
9. Let cool for about 10 minutes, and enjoy with a tall glass of cold milk!
TIP: For more chocolate-y goodness, add in 1/4 cup melted dark chocolate into your mixture when you cream the sugar, vanilla, butter and eggs together. Then, proceed to add the dry ingredients as normal. Yumm!