This fast and easy Open-Face Prosciutto and Turkey Sandwich is great as an appetizer cut into bite-size meals, or when close-faced as a snack for the beach! Filled with crisp apple, baby arugula, salty prosciutto, turkey, and tangy Havarti, it sure beats goldfish in a box (which I also love).
Open-Face Prosciutto Sandwich on French Baguette
1 12-inch French baguette, sliced in half
8 slices prosciutto
5 slices Havarti cheese
8 slices lean turkey
1 apple (I used red delicious), halved and sliced
1 cup baby arugula
2 tsp butter (or margarine)
2 tsp lime juice
1. Butter bread, and layer.
2. Top off apple with lime juice.
3. Use optional halve of bread to top and cut into 12 bit-size sandwiches!
Even dogs deserve a well thought, delicious meal! This post comes as an inspiration for my dogs 13th birthday – Ralph. Ralphie. Sir Barkington. Poopie. And on days where he is driving me crazy, Mutt.
So, I decided that in his ripe old age of 13 (that’s 91 in dog years), he deserved a birthday cupcake to top any dog treat I could have ever bought from a department store. This peanut butter and carrot cupcake is sure to please any furry friend you may have, and is sure to keep that look in your pet’s eyes that melt our hearts in the most undesirable situations. Happy Birthday to my Mutt! He got into the garbage today.
Peanut Butter and Carrot Puppy Cupcake
1 cup fine-grind dry dog food
1/4 cup shredded carrot
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp honey
2 tsp vegetable oil
1 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
Serves: 1 Cupcake
1. Preheat oven to 350°F
2. In a blender, grind dry dog food until it is a fine consistency, like flour.
3. Next, in a small bowl mix the dry dog food, baking powder, honey, egg, and oil.
4. Add shredded carrot into the mix.
5. Oil down a cupcake pan, and place scoops of the mix into as many holes as possible, until they pill to the topped, packed down. Should only be 2 holes.
6. Bake 15 minutes.
7. Let cakes cool; next, slice cakes in half.
8. In a piping bag (or ziplock bag), layer cakes in between with rest of smooth peanut butter.
9. On last layer, top with peanut butter and shredded carrot once again.