Turns out these are a fan favourite. I love them. My friends love them. My boyfriends loves them. But my thighs – they hate them. OH WELL.
Chocolate Chip Irish Cream Brownies
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 bag semi sweet chocolate chips
1/4 cup Baileys Irish Cream Liqueur
1/2 cup baking cocoa
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 tsp coarse salt (or regular)
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup granulate sugar
4 tbs espresso coffee (optional)
splash of milk
1. In a saucepan, cream together butter, and cocoa.
2. Preheat oven to 350F.
3. Remove chocolate mixture from heat – then mix in eggs and vanilla
4. Meanwhile, in a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder,and salt.
5. Add Irish Cream and optional coffee to wet chocolate mix at this point.
6. Incorporate dry mix into wet mix slowly.
7. Grease shallow baking pan – I use glass for best results.
8. Just before pouring batter into pan, add desired amount of chocolate chips. My mantra – the more, the better!
9. Bake in oven for about 15 – 20 minutes.
TIP: Every oven is different, so for best results, check on brownies frequently and use a toothpick as an indicator of when it is ready (toothpick comes out clean, but not crumbly). And remember, things fresh out of the oven will continue to bake as it is cooling down.
Best served warm with some vanilla bean ice cream on top, or slather with your favourite cream cheese frosting recipe!